Hello to anyone reading this! My name is Ana and today I’m going to be writing on: overthinking. I feel like overthinking is a topic that is not commonly talked about, even though it’s a really important topic. Like, we all overthink sometimes, but when we overthink a thought for too much time it’s draining. If you’re a bit confused about what overthinking is, it’s the act of thinking about something too much. Here are some examples of myself when I overthink: What would’ve happened if I did this?, Did they like me?, *Practices a whole conversation in my head to talk to someone about*. In the process of overthinking your stress levels go up and your power to make decisions leave your body. You start blaming yourself for things you didn’t do and worrying about scenarios that may or may not happen.
-If you relate to any of this stuff I’m going to be listing some tips that may help you calm down when you suddenly start overthinking!
- Let Go of The Past: If you ask yourself “what if” or “I should have” remember that the past cannot be changed, so there is no use thinking about it.
- Don’t think of what can go wrong, but what can go right: If you start thinking negatively, stop, push your thoughts on the positive side! It’s not like it’s the end of the world.
- Put things into perspective: Will that problem still be relevant in 3 years? The answer is probably no, so calm down and don’t let that affect you.
- Don’t stress about the future: You are still young and you have your whole life ahead to figure that out! You are not supposed to have your whole life figured out, so focus on the present.
- Go with the flow: This is one of my personal favorites. When you feel left out of something, just ignore it and focus on having a good time.
- I hope you guys learned from this blog because I was looking forward to writing on this topic! If you liked this blog, write a review on our page ☺.